Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Amazing Guitar Builder - Crimson Guitars

... All I can say is wow!




This guy, I think his name is Ben, is amazing.   If you are interested in guitar building, you have to see this guy in action.

His youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/CrimsonCustomGuitars

The guy is off the hook.   You have to be someone who has made a guitar to really appreciate this dude.   He makes impossible stuff look easy....

In his multi-part how to build a guitar series, he builds a custom Les Paul guitar. The thing that blow me away, is how he works with hand tools, like Planes and Saws.   Sawing fret slots without a miter box, with a hand saw...   Doing a compound Radius on a fret board with only a plane...

And... using an angle grinder to carve the top of a Les Paul....  

If you have ever done this kind of work, and see him do it, you will be blown away....   I recommend NOT doing things like him, only because it takes years and years of experience and immense talent to do what he does...   

He is my new hero, and he kind of makes me want to shave my head and get tattooed.

If you are into seeing an amazing craftsman, check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment